I started my countdown to Boston 6 months ago and finally on the 22nd June 2009 after 23 hours, 3 long flights and thousands of miles away, we are finally here in Boston. The time sure fly very fast in the cold summer of Boston and it is already day 6 without us realizing it. It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions since before flying off for Boston. I am undeniably excited but at the same time I am a little overwhelmed with a mixture of feelings. I was initially apprehensive on how it will be like away from family and how life will be like with 63 other girls. However thus far, it has all been good and we are able to settle misunderstandings and conflicts without major arguments.
There have been so many activities going on that it leaves no time for homesickness to set in – at least not yet for now. The weekend was spent exploring the city and taking advantage of the semi-annual sale in Boston. There are many interesting and memorable experience here in Boston and there will absolutely more to come but one of the experience that I really enjoyed and will remember for the rest of my years to come is attending the ‘Life is Good’ festival here in Boston Common. The festival was an eye opener for me as I witness how children friendly, disabled friendly, senior citizens friendly, animal-friendly, adult -friendly the festival was. This was a festival that does not ostracize any particular age group or individuals of the society. It was such an uplifting experience where only laughers and happy faces echoes in the background of the festival. I am so impressed with the warm friendly personalities of everyone there. This is also an excellent example of an inclusive society and the theme residing throughout the festival screams FUN!
The festival provided an insight for me and probably my first intimate connection with the Boston Community. I felt welcomed and appreciated being at the festival as they embraces and celebrate differences. This has a great impact on me as I looked back in the Singapore context and I have always wondered if Singapore will be able to be a fully inclusive society. Being part of the celebration and festival for ‘Life is good’ offers me hope and inspiration that dream is not impossible to reach.
I will be brave to dream of the impossible so that I’ll make it possible even though it will take me a long time.


en's chapstick guy!

the guy who took our picture bcoz he tot we were interesting

CHAPSTICK GUY!

Life is Good!
COOL OR WHAT
somebody i used to know will say what